Promises For Today
Thursday, January 20, 2011
John 15:9-17
As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in His love.
These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
This is My commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Henceforth I call you not servants: for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in My name, He may give it to you.
These things I command you, that ye love one another.
In studying the men of the Old Testament...Noah, Abraham, Moses...their faith in God...they knew who He was. It is vital that we understand who God is. What His Will is for your life. To understand how great His love is for you.
By Faith they walked with God..believing in His direction, His love for them, believing in who He was. In Hebrews 11:1 it says: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. These great men of God clearly heard His voice, and the quickly followed what He had asked of them...they had an experience with God. They saw many mightly things the Lord did..they understood that it was nothing within themselves but only by the power of God.
Noah...Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared and ark to the saving of his house....He followed the commands of God...do I think because He was literally afraid of God? No, He respected who God was, He gave honor to Him, and obedience because he knew God loved Him and Noah loved God. Noah began building and after 120 years it was accomplished and fulfilled by God in which He promised....the rain began to fall. In which it had never rained before this time. Noah had great faith in God...he did not question but fulfilled all that he was asked to do...and we see today that promise continues on. When we see the rainbow in the sky it reminds us of His promise that He will not flood the earth again.
Genesis 9:13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in a cloud: And I will remember my covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy the Earth.
Today we see horrible devastation in some countries through flooding, and fires...loss of lives and some may wonder what is happening. This promise of God to us does not say you won't have problems upon this earth...nor that there would not be flooding....but that He would not flood the earth to destroy it.
Our Earth is groaning...many things are changing...the magnetic pole has moved in causing so many animals to die...changes in temperatures all around the world. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions are taking place. We have done much damage to our earth with carelessness....but when you see all these type of things happening...you can know that He has His hand upon you and If you are His child....He will make a way for you. We are walking in the end times...Jesus is about to come for His church.
I Thessalonians 4:13-18
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him.
For this we say unto you by the world of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
For when the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
I want to encourage you to read all of I & II Thessalonians...for you will understand what is to come! And what Gods Will for all of our lives.
Just trust Him, and grow closer in relationship with Him....For He will make a way for you.....no matter what you are going through today...He loves you and is near....carrying you in His hands!
Blessings
Pastor Sherry

No comments:
Post a Comment