Welcome To My Ponderings

Glad you stopped by today...I hope you will be strengthened and blessed!

About Me

My photo
Elder/Pastor/Licensed Minister/Secretary General in Apostolic Society International Wife and mother of 5...grandmother of 6

Friday, January 21, 2011

Promise For Today Friday, January 21, 2011

Promise For Today
Friday, January 21, 2011
Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

We can look at the world today and the worlds financial situation and all the corruption...you can see all of the calamities that are happening especially with close friends around the world with flooding, earthquakes, disease, hunger...etc.   

These things cause great concern to you and I today.  It can weigh heavily on our spirit because of our compassion for others.  We have a God that desires for us to give Him our burdens..the weight on our hearts and minds...we learn that by doing that we can have peace in our hearts in the midst of all the calamities that are around us.  

He gives us peace when we lay our fears, our concerns into His hands...because He alone is God.  No matter what may come our way God has His hand upon us.

Isaiah 28:12
To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing.

You may think..but Sherry, you do not know what I am going through...I may and I may not....but you have a God that does know what you are in need of.  And He promises He will never leave you nor forsake you....that He will guide you through. He will keep you as He has kept all His children.  He did not promise that our life would be easy...but we would have trials and things we would have to face.   He promised He would be with us!

There was a very special lady that friends and I would minister to her through the years before she passed away.  This special lady made such an impression on my life.  When I first came into church..we would be singing songs unto the Lord and praying.  Marge would be worshipping her heart out..it was beautiful.  I looked over at this woman and here she was a woman standing up with two prothesis for legs attached around her thighs.   Worshipping God with all her heart.

And I thought to myself..if she can worship God in the midst of all her physical pain and give it all to Jesus...I surely can give Him all that is within me even with my Cerebral Palsy. I can have that same passion, and that same love and trust.  So I sought after it..and I am so thankful to of known her.

Marge had some major battles to come through each day...it was not easy for her.  Each time you would visit her she just gave all the glory to God. She had a favorite scripture that she memorized and would say over and over because she believed in who God was.  Yes, she got discouraged at times...when she did I reminded her of Psalms 91...Gods promise to her.

One day she has such a high fever, and was not in a good state..she was not awake.  We came in and prayed for her...I read Psalm 91 to Marge.  As I was reading it to her she was moving her lips to each word.  In her condition...she heard the Word of God.   He kept His hand upon her and was with her.  He chose to take her soon after that.  I will never forget Sis Marge...she will forever be in my heart with the things I learned from her.

What promises God gave to Marge...He has given to you!   Take time to read and understand what God is saying to you in these verses.
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
 5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Jesus, I pray that you will bless each and everyone reading this devotion...may they find peace in the midst of their storm.  That you will help them and guide them through each day.  That they will allow you to take their burdens..all fears...and trust in You.  I pray that they will hear your voice and feel Your presence today....in the midst of all their suffering, discouragement, grief, in whatever state they are in today..and in need of...let Your will be done!
In Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment