Welcome To My Ponderings

Glad you stopped by today...I hope you will be strengthened and blessed!

About Me

My photo
Elder/Pastor/Licensed Minister/Secretary General in Apostolic Society International Wife and mother of 5...grandmother of 6

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Promises For You Today Thursday, January 27, 2011



 

Promise For You Today
Thursday, January 27, 2011

2 Corinthians 1:4-6
4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
6 And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

Today is a bitter sweet day....a day of many blessings along with sadness in my heart with the death of  my  good friend, Julia..a loving, compassionate lady.  I have thought alot about her life and our friendship.  We don't realize how our life can affect someone else so much..until they are gone. 

This scripture comes to mind reminding me of the comfort that God gave  me so many times through my own life. God comforts us when we can only see darkness, and the days that we do not understand all the "Why's?". When your body may be wracked with pain.

Jesus is there in the midst of your pain...to the deepest depths..He hears our cries.  He carries us in the palm of His hands..never to let go of us. He brought me out of a time of darkness that I didn't know I would ever feel again.   Jesus was there for me..when I couldn't think, I couldn't feel...times I was angry..even at Him....Yes, even at Him...He understands where you and I are in our depth of pain...we must come to a place of trust...for we cannot walk through without the Lord by our side.

This scripture..is a promise to you and I..that God will comfort you and I when we are in the depths of our suffering...and  when see someone is suffering a loss in their family, or a sickness that someone may be going through... whatever the reason that someone may be suffering...because of what you may have come through yourself...it unctions great compassion for others and brings remembrance of how God brought you through your trial.  

God receives all the glory..because it is nothing that you and I can do on our own...we need Jesus...we need His love, His strength, His wisdom, His understanding to walk through this life we live here on this earth.
Will you allow Jesus to help you walk through your pain today?  He will bring you through it....and you will be able to have compassion for others that are suffering ...are trials molds us and shapes us..builds our compassion, love, mercy, and wisdom....if we will trust Him to lead us!

There is one thing I can never forget that a Pastor would say...If you cannot see Him, or you cannot feel Him....Trust His heart!     

May you be willing to reach to those around you and have compassion, and mercy and love...to help them walk through the valleys that you have already overcome.

May God Richly Bless You
Pastor Sherry Ritchie

No comments:

Post a Comment