Welcome To My Ponderings

Glad you stopped by today...I hope you will be strengthened and blessed!

About Me

My photo
Elder/Pastor/Licensed Minister/Secretary General in Apostolic Society International Wife and mother of 5...grandmother of 6

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Promises For You Today Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Promises For You Today
Mark 12:29-31

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

How can we live according to these commandments in our human fleshly thinking?  The answer is...you can't as long as you are thinking in the flesh...and that you are one that allows your flesh to rule your life instead of the Spirit of God.
We must come to such a hunger for God...that you and I are not satisfied with where we are in our relationship with Him.  Where we want more and more of God each and every day!
How can I love that neighbour, that person that just gets my goat everytime they come near?  I will show you how through the following examples.
I wrote a lesson on Consecration years ago and taught it in our Care group...this lesson will help you to know and to understand what God desires from you and I in relationship with Him.
Gods Relationship With Moses
Exodus 33:12-23
Moses desires to see the glory of God12 And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.
13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
15 And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
16 For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.
17 And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. 19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21 And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

God spoke with Moses face to face as a man speaketh to his friend....that has to be your desire...to be that close to Him...what a wonderful thing that would be!
When Moses entered the Tabernacle the bible says that the cloudy pillar descended down....God met Moses there.
Numbers 12:8
With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold:
Duet 34:10
And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the Lord knew face to face
Mose was CONSECRATED to God
We must yearn for such a closeness with God, a desire to know more and more each day.  To feel after His presence...to be sold out to the Lord...with a reckless abandon!
Sanctification- means to be separated from sin
- Your heart changes, you no longer desire the world
- Your thinking changes, you no longer think as the world
Consecration- means committment
How do I commit my whole being to the Lord?
* Commit my Mind unto the Lord
Many listen to the enemies lies..allowing the things of the world to direct their minds
*We can control our thoughts if we really would get into the Word of God each day and committing our mind unto Him
 Ephesians 4:17-32
17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20 But ye have not so learned Christ;
 21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
 22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

II Corinthians 10:4-5
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds;
Casting down imaginations, and  every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ
* Commit my heart unto the Lord
Before you can commit yourself in a relationship with someone , you should commit yourself to God first.  What happens is we commit our hearts to people and make them our God..replacing the yearning of our soul for a person.  And that person can only fill a void...your soul will continue to yearn for God..He is the one that created you.
Matthew 12:35-37
35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
Ephesians 4:21-32
21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
*Commit my eyes, ears, mouth, hands and feet unto the Lord (our body)
Psalm 119:105Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path
Proverbs 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination
What we look at with our eyes, and listen to with our ears, and what we speak will affect your spirit and all those around you.
Music, Movies, Books, Gossip..the counsel of the world ...etc
We want to please God because of His mercies
Romans 12:1-2
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.


Romans 8:13
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Consecrate your life unto the Lord....draw close to Him...for His desire is to draw nigh unto you!!!

blessings
Pastor Sherry Ritchie

No comments:

Post a Comment