Welcome To My Ponderings

Glad you stopped by today...I hope you will be strengthened and blessed!

About Me

My photo
Elder/Pastor/Licensed Minister/Secretary General in Apostolic Society International Wife and mother of 5...grandmother of 6

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Prayer and Prayerlessness




Prayer and Prayerlessness
By Pastor Sherry


I. What is it?
1. A sin - I Samuel 12:23 Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach the good and the right way.
Read: I John 3:4, James 4:17
Note: There are two kinds of sin - Commission and Ommission
There are sins we do not realize that we are doing..and then there are those that we
choose to do

*Why is it a sin?
A. Disobedience Matthew 7:7 Luke 18:1 Luke 21:36
Thinking only of ourselves....not caring
B. A Reproach on the Love of God Jeremiah 31:3
His sacrifice for our life....and when we do not have a desire to have a
a relationship with Him or talk to Him. To learn of Him..to seek Him.
C. It reacts inwardly - as faith DECREASES, self INCREASES
It creates a selfish spirit..all about me..me, me, me...what I want
When you truly have a relationship with God it is quite the opposite..Faith
INCREASES and self DECREASES...because it is about God and His Will.

How is it a sin? - Four fold reasons
A. Against God - we ignore Him
B. Against fellow Christians - we criticize them..we are critical of others
C. Against the unsaved - We neglect our purpose..to reach out to the unsaved
D. Against our own self - We grow cold ..in spirit..in personality..our
relationship with others

II What causes it?

1. Secondary EXCUSES
A. Circumstances of life - always a reason why
B. Too Busy
C. No time to pray
D. No place to pray
When someone purposes in their heart that they love the Lord and want a
relationship with Him...you will find time...no matter what...it is with under-
standing that our life is not our own...we were bought and paid for with a
price...His love is so great for us...All things are possible through Christ!!

2. Primary Reasons
A. FLESH Matthew 26:41 Romans 8:7-9, Galatians 5:17, Matthew 17:19-21
B. Lack of love for God Revelation 2:2-5
C. Pray in the natural - unless we pray in the Spirit, with a consciousness of
God's presence than it is like a one way phone conversation...you are just
making noise! It must be from our heart..don't worry what someone else is
praying beside you...God wants to hear your heart...not theirs...He already
hears theirs.

III. How can it be cured?

1. Recognize as sin and confess it. I John 1:9
2. Desire deliverance
3. Pray for deliverance
4. Make prayer a habit of life Psalm 55: 17, Ephesians 6:18, Phillipians 4:6,
Colossians 4:2
5. Meditate on and read the Word
6. TAKE TIME!!!

God's people can conquer EVERYTHING by prayer
Prayer is not using God: It is more often to get us in a position where God use us!

What are some things that hinder our prayer life?

1. Improper relationships...between husband and wife/ friendships
Contention and strife - effects your prayer life I Peter 3:7
2. Sin in our life
Actively engaging in ungodly activities
never repenting, Hypocritical , Psalm 66:18, Isaiah 59:1-2
3. Not asking according to Gods Will
by asking amiss...for something that is not in His plan for your life.
Something that is against Gods will
I John 5:14-15, Romans 8:27
4. Wavering - Not being double minded, doubting, hesitant or stagger
James 1:5-8
Ask in Faith - Stand on it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment